As of May 25, 2018
Collection Of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information that you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use our Services
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration and frequency of your access; pages viewed; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting ours.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers collect information using various technologies, including cookies and pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels). Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, and track usage of our Services. Pixel tags are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails, and track usage of our Services and effectiveness of communications.
Use Of Information
Using our Services
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Services, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including to develop new products and services, and manage the performance of our Services;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent illegal activities; to protect the rights, property, or safety of LEKAB and others; to enforce compliance with our policies; and to comply with applicable law and government requests.
- Perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce or manage legal claims.
Communicating With You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you, in accordance with your settings, about products, services, and events offered by us and others, to provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you, to conduct online surveys, to contact you about events on our Platform that are being held near your location, and to otherwise communicate with you; and
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
Advertising And Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collected the information.
Legal Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
- We process information about you in order to provide our Services.
- We also process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights (for example, in some cases for direct marketing, fraud prevention, network and information systems security, responding to your communications, and improving our Services).
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information about you, or may otherwise need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- We may also process information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract.
Sharing Of Information
With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving our Services to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
Following The Law And Protecting LEKAB
We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you to third parties, including the content of messages, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation, legal process, or audits. We may also disclose information about you if necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, LEKAB or others.
Affiliate Sharing And Merger, Sale, Or Other Asset Transfers
If LEKAB is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share information about you with current or future corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
We may de-identify or aggregate information about you and share it freely, so that you can no longer be identified. We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction or where we are legally entitled to do so.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Transfer Of Information To Other Countries
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you use our Services, and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following reasons:
- So you can use our Services;
- So ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
- To better understand the traffic to our Services so that we can provide all users with the best possible experience;
- To detect and prevent abuse of our Services, illegal activities and breaches; and
- To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
Revisions To This Policy
You can control messages that you receive from LEKAB by selecting the unsubscribe link in the message that you receive. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.